A free 3-hour training session provided by West Mercia Police Trainers, brought to you by Hereford BID, took place on Monday (27th January) and proved a real success! It hosted a range of individuals from different organisations from CCTV, Herefordshire Council, Close House and Hereford MENCAP.
The training covered all areas of vulnerability and exploitation, specifically raising awareness of:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Organised Crime Groups/Gangs
- Modern Day Slavery
- Consent for Sexual Activity
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Criminal Exploitation
- Appropriate Language and Use
- National Referral Mechanism
- Pathways/Diversionary Tactics/Sharing of Intelligence
Hannah McCourt, from Hereford BID, said "It was a very well put together session and covered a range of topics, the tutors were friendly, approachable, knowledgeable and experienced. A real eye-opener and a must-do training for those who are given the opportunity.'
Remember... Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults is everybody's responsibility!