Businesses could now benefit from a discretionary grant fund administered by Herefordshire Council
Herefordshire Council has just announced that the Discretionary Grant Scheme II is now open and live for eligible businesses to apply to.
What is the Discretionary Grant Fund?
The government has allocated £3.8 million to Herefordshire for an Additional Restrictions Grant scheme, to support businesses or charities impacted by the current lockdown and any future periods of restrictions up until the end of March 2022.
The 'Discretionary Grant Fund 2' is a grant for businesses that have been impacted by either national or local Covid-19 restrictions that affect Herefordshire but are not eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed). Grants of £1,334, and £3,000 are initially available for the following circumstances:
- Your business or charity is mandated to close by government due to the November 2020 covid-19 restrictions but you do not have a business rates assessment
- Your business or charity is not required to close, but it has lost 50% of demand as a consequence of the November 2020 covid-19 restrictions, for example, as a result of customer businesses being closed
Please do not apply for this grant if your business has a rateable value and the regulations state that you must close.
How do I Apply?
For more information: Click on this link which takes you to Herefordshire Council's website
To Apply: Click here
Advised Deadline: Noon, 14th December 2020
What is the Local Restrictions Grant Scheme?
This scheme is different to the previous Small Business Grant / Retail, Hospitality & Leisure Grant Fund, as now eligible businesses are those with a business rated property that has been required to close due to the current national lockdown restrictions.
The grant amount is linked to the businesses rateable value, as follows:
- Rateable value of £15,000 or under - £1,334 grant
- Rateable value between £15,001 and £49,999 - £2,000 grant
- Rateable value of £51,000 or over - £3,000 grant
How do I Apply?
For more information: click here
About Applying: The Council are working through an extensive list of business and will contact you if you qualify. If you have a query please contact them by clicking here