In response to the Coronavirus, Covid 19, the Government announced there would be grant support for small businesses and businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors.
This support will take the form of two grant funding schemes:
- the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF)
- the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF).
Under the SBGF all businesses in England in receipt of small business rates relief and rural rates relief, unless awarded to car parks, will be eligible for a grant payment of £10,000.
Under the RHLGF businesses in England in receipt of the expanded retail relief scheme with a rateable value of less than £51,000 will be eligible for a grant payment, this excludes car parks and precepting authorities.
RHLGF eligible businesses property that has a rateable value of up to £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000 and property with a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000.
Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or over are not eligible for a grant but will receive the expanded retail relief discount to the business rates bill where applicable.
Businesses remaining ineligible for grants are:-
• Car parking
• Financial services (e.g. banks, building societies, cash points)
• Medical services (e.g. vets, dentists, doctors, osteopaths, chiropractors)
• Professional services (e.g. solicitors, accountants)
• Post office sorting offices
• Hereditaments that are not reasonably accessible to visiting members of the public